Paying Your Utility Bills
Sign up for Electronic Billing Statements!
Click here to sign up to receive your bill electronically. You will need your registration number located on your paper statement.
For your convenience we offer multiple ways to pay your bill
Pay By Mail
Mail your payment via check or money order to:
P.O. Box 431
Belmont, NC 28012
You can have your payment automatically drafted from your bank account, simply fill out the bottom portion located on the back of your paper statement. Click here to sign up for automatic draft. If you have any questions please contact the Utility Billing Clerk at 704-825-5586. **When you sign up for automatic draft you will receive $10 off your first months bill**
You can pay online with the following steps:
- Go to the online payment page. The page will open in a new browser window.
- Enter your account number (found on your paper statement).
- Enter your billing zip code.
- Enter your PIN (found in the right hand corner of your paper statement or by calling city hall at 704-825-5586).
- Select "Search" to bring up your account.
- Please always make a note of your confirmation number when payment is made.
*Processing Fee -There is a $3 fee charged by the online payment processing company.
Pay in Person
You can always come to city hall to pay your bill in person. We accept:
- Credit/Debit Card* (Visa, Master Card, Discover, and American Express are accepted)
*Credit/Debit Card Fee -There is a $2.00 fee to use a credit or debit card at city hall. There are ATMs within a one-block walk from city hall if you do not wish to pay the $2.00 fee.
Avoiding Disconnection If payment is made on or close to your cut-off date, please call 704-825-5586 and provide your confirmation number to prevent disconnection.
Account Statements & History
The City of Belmont offers online utility account statements and statement history. You can track your account history using this new system, even if you do not pay your bill online. You will need to use your PIN that is located on your billing statement.